Our unique analysis of the bills Jefferson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Jefferson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Jefferson was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2089 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 701 Loyola Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana, as the “Louisiana Armed Services Veterans Post Office”.
- H.R. 2868 (103rd): “An Act to designate the Federal building located at 600 Camp Street in New Orleans, Louisiana, as the ‘John Minor Wisdom United States Court of Appeals Building’, ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Jefferson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Jefferson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6916 (110th): To amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act ...
- H.R. 6811 (110th): Duncan Plaza Homeless Disaster Relief Act of 2008
- H.R. 6674 (110th): Duncan Plaza Homeless Disaster Relief Act of 2008
- H.R. 5932 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 5933 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.Res. 1090 (110th): Honoring the esteemed former President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela on the occasion of ...
- H.R. 3946 (110th): Historically Black Colleges and Universities Katrina and Rita Relief Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2008, Jefferson missed 1,199 of 11,102 roll call votes, which is 10.8%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: