He was previously the representative for Massachusetts’s 10th congressional district as a Democrat from 2011 to 2012.
Keating is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Keating has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
William R. Keating sits on the following committees:
Keating was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2062 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 45 Meetinghouse Lane in Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts, as the “Matthew A. Pucino Post Office”.
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Keating sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Keating recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 1435: Calling on the President to support the creation of a Special Tribunal for …
- H.R. 9104: Heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 9059: Non-Recognition of Russian Annexation of Ukrainian Territory Act
- H.Res. 1369: Recognizing the honorable life of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as well as …
- H.R. 8532: ACRA Act
- H.R. 8308: To require the Secretary of the Air Force to submit a report to …
- H.R. 7918: Sea Turtle Rescue Assistance Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2011 to Nov 2022, Keating missed 242 of 7,216 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: