Read our 2016 Report Card for Keating.
Our unique analysis of the bills Keating has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Keating is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
William Keating sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Homeland Security
Keating was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 2062 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 45 Meetinghouse Lane in Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts, as the “Matthew A. Pucino Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Keating sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Keating’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 207: Expressing the continued support of the House of Representatives for the Good Friday ...
- H.R. 1157: To clarify the United States interest in certain submerged lands in the area ...
- H.R. 665: Airport Perimeter and Access Control Security Act of 2017
- H.R. 6075 (114th): To clarify the United States interest in certain submerged lands in the ...
- H.R. 5598 (114th): Plymouth 400th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act of 2016
- H.R. 5599 (114th): Plymouth 400th Commemoration Commission Act of 2016
- H.R. 5495 (114th): To require that certain information relating to terrorism investigations be included in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Keating’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 3309 (113th): Innovation Act
Dec 5, 2013. Passed 325/91.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 990 (112th): PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011
May 26, 2011. Passed 250/153.
H.R. 514 (112th): FISA Sunsets Extension Act of 2011
Feb 17, 2011. Passed 279/143.
From Jan 2011 to Apr 2017, Keating missed 104 of 4,358 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: