Lipinski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Lipinski sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Lipinski was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 825 (108th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7401 West 100th Place in Bridgeview, Illinois, as the “Michael J. Healy Post Office Building”.
- H.J.Res. 227 (102nd): To designate October 1991 as “Polish-American Heritage Month”.
- H.J.Res. 220 (100th): A joint resolution to designate October 28, 1987, as “National Immigrants Day”.
- H.J.Res. 205 (100th): A joint resolution to designate October 28, 1987, as “National Immigrants Day”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Lipinski sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Law (20%) Transportation and Public Works (18%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Commerce (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) International Affairs (7%) Environmental Protection (5%)
Some of Lipinski’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4834 (108th): To waive visa processing fees for nonimmigrant visitors who are nationals of ...
- H.R. 2877 (108th): To provide for the revocation of certain exclusions from the safeguard measures ...
- H.R. 1617 (108th): National Rail Infrastructure Program Act
- H.R. 825 (108th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 592 (108th): National Aviation Capacity Expansion Act of 2003
- H.R. 5720 (107th): To amend title 49, United States Code, relating to foreign air transportation.
- H.R. 3479 (107th): National Aviation Capacity Expansion Act of 2002
From Jan 1983 to Dec 2004, Lipinski missed 1,187 of 11,646 roll call votes, which is 10.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills