Mills was the representative for Maryland’s 1st congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1971 to 1974.
Mills sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mills’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4391 (93rd): A bill to amend section 5 of the Act of August 18, ...
- H.R. 4025 (93rd): A bill to provide for annual authorization of appropriations to the U.S. ...
- H.R. 3840 (93rd): A bill to terminate the oil import control program.
- H.R. 3839 (93rd): A bill to amend section 40(b) of the Merchant Marine Act of ...
- H.R. 3837 (93rd): A bill to amend the Rural Electrification Act of 1936, as amended, ...
- H.R. 3838 (93rd): A bill to permit retired personnel of the Armed Forces to receive ...
- H.R. 3836 (93rd): A bill to provide price support for milk at not less than ...
From Jun 1971 to May 1973, Mills missed 67 of 688 roll call votes, which is 9.7%. This is on par with the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 1973. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills