Moorhead is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1980 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Moorhead sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 14, 1975 to Dec 13, 1980. See full analysis methodology.
Moorhead was the primary sponsor of 27 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 7385 (96th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to transfer certain land and facilities used by the Bureau of Mines, and for other purposes.
- H.J.Res. 520 (96th): A joint resolution to extend by 60 days the expiration date of the Defense Production Act of 1950.
- H.J.Res. 478 (96th): A joint resolution to extend by sixty days the expiration date of the Defense Production Act of 1950.
- H.R. 5860 (96th): Chrysler Corporation Loan Guarantee Act of 1979
- H.J.Res. 406 (96th): A joint resolution to extend by 120 days the expiration date of the Defense Production Act of 1950.
- H.R. 2283 (96th): An act to amend the Council on Wage and Price Stability Act to extend the authority granted by such act to September 30, 1980, and for other ...
- H.R. 37 (96th): Defense Production Act Extension Amendments of 1979
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Moorhead sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (24%) Government Operations and Politics (23%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Energy (7%) Housing and Community Development (6%) Taxation (5%)
Some of Moorhead’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8442 (96th): A bill to authorize any national bank located in the standard metropolitan ...
- H.R. 8440 (96th): A bill to authorize any bank holding company to acquire control of ...
- H.R. 8439 (96th): A bill to authorize any bank holding company to acquire control of ...
- H.R. 8438 (96th): A bill to authorize any bank holding company to acquire control of ...
- H.R. 8441 (96th): A bill to authorize any bank holding company located in the standard ...
- H.R. 8437 (96th): A bill to authorize any national bank to establish branches outside of ...
- H.R. 8301 (96th): Reconstruction Finance Corporation Act of 1980
From Jan 1959 to Dec 1980, Moorhead missed 818 of 7,782 roll call votes, which is 10.5%. This is on par with the median of 8.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1980. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills