Our unique analysis of the bills Orton sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Orton is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Orton sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Housing and Community Development (13%) Taxation (12%) Law (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Families (8%)
Some of Orton’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4231 (104th): Principal Residence Tax Exclusion Act of 1996
- H.R. 4214 (104th): To amend the Antiquities Act to provide for the Congressional approval of ...
- H.R. 3627 (104th): To provide for the transfer of certain lands near Myton, Utah, to ...
- H.R. 3486 (104th): To dispose of certain Federal properties at Dutch John, Utah, assist local ...
- H.R. 2530 (104th): Common Sense Balanced Budget Act of 1995
- H.Res. 212 (104th): To express the sense of the House of Representatives that the provisions ...
- H.R. 2239 (104th): Mixed-Blood Ute Indian Tax Status Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Sep 1996, Orton missed 69 of 3,394 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills