Read our 2014 Report Card for Owens.
Our unique analysis of the bills Owens sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Owens is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Owens was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Owens sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (22%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (18%) Immigration (13%) Agriculture and Food (13%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Environmental Protection (4%)
Some of Owens’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5291 (113th): To amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States with respect ...
- H.R. 5251 (113th): Incentivizing Foreign Investment to Upgrade America’s Infrastructure Act of 2014
- H.R. 3975 (113th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide coverage ...
- H.R. 3609 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 2250 (113th): Spending Reduction Act
- H.R. 1956 (113th): War on Debt Act of 2013
- H.R. 1608 (113th): Cody Miller Initiative for Safer Prescriptions Act
From Nov 2009 to Dec 2014, Owens missed 70 of 3,599 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 26 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: