Our unique analysis of the bills Paxon sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Paxon is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Paxon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3157 (105th): Teachers in the Classroom Act
- H.Res. 268 (105th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that no new energy ...
- H.R. 2483 (105th): To terminate the taxes imposed by the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 ...
- H.R. 2018 (105th): To waive temporarily the Medicaid enrollment composition rule for the Better Health ...
- H.R. 1610 (105th): To waive temporarily the Medicaid enrollment composition rule for certain health maintenance ...
- H.R. 1192 (105th): Medicaid and TANF Waiver Fairness Act of 1997
- H.J.Res. 63 (105th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1989 to Dec 1998, Paxon missed 140 of 5,485 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills