Rep. William Richardson
Former Representative from New Mexico’s 3rd District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||New Mexico's 3rd District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Richardson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richardson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Richardson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 732 (105th): To authorize an appropriation for the construction of a public museum located ...
- H.R. 555 (105th): Native American Telecommunications Act of 1997
- H.R. 489 (105th): Park Renewal Fund Act
- H.R. 487 (105th): Minority Health Improvement Act of 1997
- H.R. 485 (105th): To appropriate funds for the purpose of implementing the compromise between the ...
- H.R. 486 (105th): Native American Telecommunications Act of 1997
- H.R. 488 (105th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to enter into an agreement ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Feb 1997, Richardson missed 291 of 7,048 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 1997. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills