Our unique analysis of the bills Saxbe sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Saxbe is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Saxbe sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Saxbe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2560 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Ellen Yin-Hsian Niu.
- S. 2526 (93rd): American Railroad Consolidation Act
- S. 2309 (93rd): A bill to change the name of the Lockbourne Air Force Base, ...
- S. 2152 (93rd): A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to limit, and ...
- S. 2261 (93rd): A bill for the relief of George Krambousasnos.
- S. 2066 (93rd): National Emergency Energy Coordination Act
- S. 1862 (93rd): A bill to provide for the establishment of the Cuyahoga Valley National ...
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1973, Saxbe missed 710 of 2,215 roll call votes, which is 32.1%. This is much worse than the median of 13.4% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1973. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills