Our unique analysis of the bills Wampler sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Wampler is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Wampler sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wampler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7051 (97th): Cooperative State Forestry Research and Extension Amendments of 1982
- H.R. 6678 (97th): A bill to clarify and extend the authority of the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 6679 (97th): An act to authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to assess civil penalties ...
- H.Res. 478 (97th): A resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect ...
- H.R. 6404 (97th): Emergency Dairy Adjustment Act of 1982
- H.R. 6362 (97th): A bill to recover costs incurred by the Department in the administration ...
- H.R. 6205 (97th): A bill to provide that the lake referred to as the North ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1953 to Dec 1982, Wampler missed 543 of 7,696 roll call votes, which is 7.1%. This is on par with the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills