Stuckey was the representative for Georgia’s 8th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1967 to 1976.
Stuckey is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1976 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Stuckey sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Stuckey was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6395 (93rd): A bill to designate certain lands in the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, Ga., as wilderness.
- H.R. 6186 (93rd): An Act to amend the District of Columbia Revenue Act of 1947 regarding taxability of dividends received by a corporation from insurance companies, banks, and other savings ...
- H.R. 4083 (93rd): District of Columbia Insurance Act
- H.R. 5308 (93rd): A bill to amend the Public Works Economic Development Act of 1965 to extend the authorizations for a 1-year period.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Stuckey sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Stuckey’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 634 (94th): Concurrent resolution relating to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission to ...
- H.Con.Res. 625 (94th): Concurrent resolution calling for a rededication of candidates for public office and ...
- H.R. 13254 (94th): A bill for the relief of Larry P. McDonald.
- H.Con.Res. 593 (94th): A concurrent resolution relating to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission ...
- H.Con.Res. 542 (94th): Concurrent resolution relating to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission to ...
- H.Con.Res. 523 (94th): Concurrent resolution relating to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission to ...
- H.Con.Res. 508 (94th): Concurrent resolution relating to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission to ...
From Jan 1967 to Oct 1976, Stuckey missed 944 of 3,921 roll call votes, which is 24.1%. This is much worse than the median of 8.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1976. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills