Mizell, a Republican, was the representative for North Carolina's 5th congressional district from 1969 to 1974.
Mizell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mizell sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Mizell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mizell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 17060 (93rd): A bill to prohibit the imposition of fees or additional taxes on ...
- H.R. 17079 (93rd): A bill to exclude from gross income the first $1,000 of interest ...
- H.R. 16835 (93rd): A bill to amend title II of the Social Security Act so ...
- H.Res. 1377 (93rd): Resolution expressing the sense of the House regarding the halt of U.S. ...
- H.R. 15815 (93rd): A bill for the relief of John Czarnecki.
- H.Res. 880 (93rd): Resolution disapproving the recommendations of the President with respect to the rates ...
- H.R. 11182 (93rd): A bill to amend the Truth in Lending Act to eliminate the ...
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1974, Mizell missed 144 of 2,170 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is better than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills