2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Clarke »
Our unique analysis of the bills Clarke has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Clarke is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Yvette Clarke sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Ethics
- House Committee on Small Business
Clarke sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Emergency Management (21%) International Affairs (16%) Immigration (11%) Taxation (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Commerce (11%)
Some of Clarke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5080: To prevent gun trafficking.
- H.R. 4692: Aidan’s Law
- H.R. 4330: Improving Contract Procurement for Small Businesses through More Accurate Reporting Act of 2016
- H.R. 3889: Safer Prescribing of Controlled Substances Act
- H.Res. 371: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that there should be established ...
- H.R. 1743: Harriet “Moses” Tubman Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 4403 (113th): Homeowner Disaster Relief Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Apr 2016, Clarke missed 371 of 7,223 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 237 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: