Our unique analysis of the bills Clarke has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Clarke is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Clarke for more statistics.
Yvette Clarke sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- House Committee on Ethics
- House Committee on Small Business
Clarke sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Clarke’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6185: To provide for further comprehensive research at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders ...
- H.R. 5080: Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act of 2016
- H.R. 4692: Aidan’s Law
- H.R. 4330: Improving Contract Procurement for Small Businesses through More Accurate Reporting Act of 2016
- H.R. 3889: Safer Prescribing of Controlled Substances Act
- H.Res. 371: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that there should be established ...
- H.R. 1743: Harriet “Moses” Tubman Congressional Gold Medal Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, Clarke missed 385 of 7,607 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 237 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: