Herrell is the representative for New Mexico’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 3, 2021. Herrell is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Herrell is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Herrell has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Oct 12, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Yvette Herrell sits on the following committees:
Herrell sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Herrell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4518: Wildfire Prevention and Drought Mitigation Act of 2021
- H.R. 4416: SHIELD Act
- H.R. 3504: Protect Americans from Foreign Criminals Act of 2021
- H.R. 3503: Repaying the Rural Borderlands Act of 2021
- H.R. 3275: PUMP Act of 2021
- H.R. 2581: Biochar Innovations and Opportunities for Conservation, Health, and Advancements in Research Act of ...
- H.R. 1690: Defending our Defenders Act
From Jan 2021 to Oct 2021, Herrell missed 14 of 315 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: