Wamp, a Republican, was the representative for Tennessee's 3rd congressional district from 1995 to 2010.
Wamp is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wamp sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Wamp was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3315 (110th): To provide that the great hall of the Capitol Visitor Center shall be known as Emancipation Hall.
- H.R. 1260 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 6301 Highway 58 in Harrison, Tennessee, as the “Claude Ramsey Post Office”.
- H.R. 3085 (109th): To amend the National Trails System Act to update the feasibility and suitability study originally prepared for the Trail of Tears National Historic Trail and provide for ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wamp sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Sports and Recreation (18%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Health (15%) Taxation (12%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) International Affairs (9%)
Some of Wamp’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4992 (111th): First Responders Protection Act of 2010
- H.R. 2768 (111th): To declare nuclear energy to be clean energy, for purposes of Federal ...
- H.Con.Res. 125 (111th): Directing the Architect of the Capitol to design and place an educational ...
- H.Res. 423 (111th): Expressing support for a national day of remembrance for the workers of ...
- H.R. 1805 (111th): American Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2009
- H.Con.Res. 84 (111th): Supporting the goals and objectives of a National Military Appreciation Month.
- H.Res. 256 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that all Americans should ...
|Wamp’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2010, Wamp missed 627 of 10,703 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: