Our unique analysis of the bills Space sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Space is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Space was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3663 (111th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to delay the date on which the accreditation requirement under the Medicare Program applies to suppliers of durable ...
- H.R. 3052 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 954 Wheeling Avenue in Cambridge, Ohio, as the “John Herschel Glenn, Jr. Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Space sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Health (20%) Taxation (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (10%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Education (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%)
Some of Space’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6512 (111th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to prevent the ...
- H.R. 6259 (111th): VOTE Act
- H.R. 6072 (111th): Electronic Health Record Incentives for Multi-Campus Hospitals Act of 2010
- H.R. 6012 (111th): To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to review utilization ...
- H.R. 5707 (111th): Restore Online Shoppers’ Confidence Act
- H.R. 5106 (111th): To direct the Secretary of Defense to establish a commission on urotrauma.
- H.R. 4799 (111th): Retraining a New Health Care Workforce Act of 2010
|Space’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Space missed 122 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 9 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: