Rep. Zachary (Zach) Nunn
Representative for Iowa’s 3rd District
Nunn proposed $41 million in earmarks for fiscal year 2024, including:
- $6 million to Des Moines Airport Authority for “DSM Construct Terminal DeIcing Apron Expansion - Bid Package #2”
- $5 million to Appanoose County Community Railroad for “Appanoose County, IA Rail Spur Project”
- $5 million to City of Minburn for “Minburn Water System Improvements in Minburn, IA”
These are earmark requests which may or may not survive the legislative process to becoming law. Most representatives from both parties requested earmarks for fiscal year 2024. Across representatives who requested earmarks, the median total amount requested for this fiscal year was $39 million.
Earmarks are federal expenditures, tax benefits, or tariff benefits requested by a legislator for a specific entity. Rather than being distributed through a formula or competitive process administered by the executive branch, earmarks may direct spending where it is most needed for the legislator's district. All earmark requests in the House of Representatives are published online for the public to review. We don’t have earmark requests for senators. The fiscal year begins on October 1 of the prior calendar year. Source: Appropriations.house.gov. Background: Earmark Disclosure Rules in the House
Nunn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Nunn has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Sep 29, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Zachary (Zach) Nunn sits on the following committees:
Nunn sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Nunn recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5772: To impose a fine on Members of Congress in the event of a …
- H.R. 5771: To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to prohibit Members of …
- H.Con.Res. 66: Expressing the sense of Congress in support of a coordinated and effective international …
- H.R. 5413: Prevent Youth Suicide Act
- H.R. 5284: Rural Microentrepreneur Assistance Act of 2023
- H.R. 5257: To amend the Agricultural Credit Act of 1978 to enhance the long-term protection …
- H.R. 5172: To amend the Consolidated Farm and Rural Development Act to reduce the eligibility …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2023 to Sep 2023, Nunn missed 8 of 513 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: