Our unique analysis of the bills Miller sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Miller is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Miller sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Miller’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2735 (108th): 14th Amendment Interstate Highway Initiation Act
- S. 2736 (108th): Interstate 3/3rd Infantry Division Highway Initiation Act
- S. 2404 (108th): Fairness in School Discipline Act of 2004
- S. 2405 (108th): Restoring Authority to Schools Act of 2004
- S.J.Res. 35 (108th): A joint resolution to repeal the seventeenth article of amendment to the ...
- S. 2152 (108th): Guard and Reserve Retirement Retainer Act of 2004
- S. 2147 (108th): Broadcast Decency Responsibility and Enforcement Act of 2004
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2000 to Dec 2004, Miller missed 162 of 1,378 roll call votes, which is 11.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: